A peek into our accommodations in Clearwater, Fl
After we leave a destination, we like to share where we stayed, what we enjoyed, and what we didn't. So, we're giving you a peek into our Florida accommodations.
It's also a way to prove to the many who think we live in a tent or a car that, indeed, we do live under a roof most days. :)
Tip: Remember, when booking rentals, to be sure to ask for discounts on longer term stays. Most accommodations go for much less than the posted nightly rate when stays are extended.
Here's what we loved:
- It was across the street from the beach.
- There was a small mom-and-pop grocery store next door for quick milk or ice cream runs!
- The property manager was responsive and very helpful. We had a few issues that needed to be resolved and they handled it quickly.
- The condo had a wagon and beach toys and chairs, making the trek across the street much easier.
- It had a washer/dryer.
- Beds were comfy.
- Tons of hot water!
- The location was great!
- 25 min from st. Pete
- 20 min to Clearwater beach
- 45 min to Downtown tampa
- 1hr to Bradenton
- 1.5 hr to Sarasota
- 2 hr to Disney world
Here's what we didn't love:
- Even though it looked nice on pictures, the furniture was chintzy. The recliner was broken. (To the owner's credit, they did replace it while we were there!)
- Some beach equipment, including the umbrella was broken.
- The condo didn't have a broom, which is kind of essential for a beach condo with hard floors. We ended up buying a broom and leaving it behind for the next folks.
- There was no where to rinse off outside after the beach. This made #3 especially annoying!
It is an economical, beach condo. If you don't go in expecting luxury, you won't be disappointed. And this place was just perfect for us. Even with the things listed above, we really enjoyed the condo, would stay again, and would have no problem recommending it.
Things to do in the area: