A sneak peek into our Panama City Beach pad
Looking for a Gulf beach getaway? We have a recommendation just for you.
In the heart of Panama City Beach, near Rosemary Beach, Seaside, and the popular Pier Park, is a gulf front, high-rise building full of inexpensive winter-time condo rentals.
Emerald Beach Resort
We were fortunate enough to stay for the month of January and were overwhelmed by the views and the location.
Here are some pictures:
Here's what we loved:
- Building was well maintained and staff was friendly.
- Located a mile and a half to Pier Park, major shopping and trendy restaurants
- Great local eating joints are walking distance from the building, which meant a quick sunset walk on the beach to dinner.
- Dolphin and sting ray sightings from the 20th floor balcony.
- The condo had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, plus a set of bunk beds in the hall. This makes it a great option for multi-family getaways.
- An elevator ride to a gym that was never too crowded and always clean.
- Starbucks in the lobby...especially handy for the morning we ran out of coffee.
- Beachside heated pool with jacuzzi!
- Speedy elevators.
- Valet parking.
Here's what we didn't love:
- The walk from the parking garage to the condo area was long and involved a variety of stairs and elevators...small inconvenience which was really noticeable during check-in, check-out, and grocery store runs.
- Other condos on the beach have game rooms, theaters on-site, and splash pads for kids. In terms of those amenities, this condo ranks low.
- The gym did not have beach views. We wish we could have been running to a sunset on the beach instead of a cinder block wall. (But really, how much of a deal breaker is this? Frankly, I feel like a whiny ass even mentioning it. Really, we should have just taken our lazy butts outside to run on the beach, right?! Just forget I mentioned this one.)
- Remember, each vacation rental is privately owned and managed. Be sure to rent a condo with good reviews and photos. We'd go back to this condo in a heart beat. But our stellar review doesn't mean anything if you get a rotten egg of an owner/condo.
- Decide how important the view is to you, and be sure to verify what floor your condo is on before booking. Lower floors mean shorter elevator rides and are great for those with a fear of heights. Higher floors have stellar, jaw dropping views!
- Ask questions like, how far is it to the trash chute? Elevators? Answers to these questions may determine how much noise and foot traffic will be around your door. If that matters to you, be sure to clarify prior to booking.