San Diego Zoo, A Day Our Feet Will Remember
Here's the breakdown:
What we bought/spent:
- Admission Plus $41 kids (3-11) and $51 adults (12 and up) includes: Zoo admission with unlimited use of Guided Bus Tour, Express Bus, and Skyfari aerial tram. (Price as of June 2014)
- $50 lunch for 4, plus ice cream snacks
What we loved:
- Ice Age 4D Interactive, can be scary for sensitive little ones
- Yummy food vendors strategically placed around park
- Clean and plentiful restrooms
- Watching a minutes old baby gazelle try to walk on wobbly legs while his mother licked and loved on him
What we disliked:
- Pandas line 30-45 min. Waited 30 min max
- Petting zoo closes early at 5:30, while the park closed at 6.
- No grassy areas to sit with kids and rest
- Use moving ramps and kangaroo express buses to get around
- Do bus tour first, then strategize a plan of the key areas to visit first
- Watch , "We Bought a Zoo" the night before. It'll warm you up for those cute animals on the day of your visit.
Check out our day in a nutshell here.